Would you like to learn about the Living Building Challenge? Would you like to see the structures, systems, materials, and components that make Desert Rain an ‘extreme green’ project? Would you like to meet the owners and hear how the dream began? Join us for the upcoming tour and Living Building Challenge orientation presentation by ML Vidas, the LBC consultant for Desert Rain. Pizza and drinks will be served to accommodate the lunch hour and our passion to propagate any and all of the LBC.
When:Tuesday, August 13th from 12:00 – 2:00 pm
1. Main House (2236 sf) + Detached 2 (electric
car) Garage (758 sf)
2. Accessory Dwelling Unit (489 sf) + Detached
Garage/Shop (489 sf)
3. Desert Lookout Second Dwelling Unit (850 sf
upper living quarters above a garage, exercise
Desert Rain House located in downtown Bend, is one of the world’s first residential candidates for certification under the international Living Building Challenge standards. This residential compound,comprised of 5 structures is nearing completion and will be entering a 12 month Living Building Challenge audit phase.
• 100% net-zero energy
• 100% self-contained rainwater collection
• 100% on-site processing of wastewater
• Carbon neutral and Red List approved materials
We look forward to meeting you!